What Are the Best Yacht Brands?
What Are the Best Yacht Brands?
Yachts of German and Dutch Origin
It can be said that the yacht manufacturing sector is dominated by Germany and the Netherlands. They own very good and large shipyards and produce quality, durable, luxury yachts. Brands differ from their competitors in different ways. When making a choice, you should think about your needs.
Below you can see yachts of Dutch and German origin
1. Amels (Netherlands). The largest superyacht yard in the Netherlands is owned by the Amels brand. Produces yachts from 55 to 85 meters in length. The total number of different models is 60.
2. Feadship (Netherlands): Feadship, which has 4 different shipyards in the Netherlands, stands out in its sector by creating completely custom designs. Its interior and exterior design is completely unique. They are known to have produced over 250 yachts.
3. Heesen Yachts (Netherlands): Models of this brand are different from each other. It can be said that they are experts in the superyacht category. This is the first Dutch shipyard to use aluminum in its hulls.
4. Oceanco (Netherlands): First launched in 1992, Oceanco can build yachts up to 140 meters in length. At the same time, these yachts are extremely refined and luxurious.
5. Blohm+Voss (Germany): The second and third private yachts in the world are included in the Blohm+ Voss portfolio. They build, maintain and repair luxury yachts.
6. Lürssen (Germany): The world's first motor yacht was built by Lürssen in 1886, and the shipyard has been in the hands of the same family for 4 generations. They built about 13,000 boats since their founding.
7. Nobiskrug (Germany): Celebrating its 113th anniversary in 2018, Nobiskrug has been building superyachts since 2000. Prior to this concept, the brand was already producing superyachts.
As you can see, the first two countries that come to mind when talking about the best yacht brands are Germany and the Netherlands. Both countries are home to companies with a very ancient history.
The world's best yacht builders don't end there
When you start looking, you will see companies that build good yachts not only in Germany and the Netherlands. At the same time, Italy and America are quite successful in this regard. To be successful in this work, you need to keep up with innovation and capitalize on technology.
Christensen Shipyards is an American brand that builds yachts typically 50 meters in length, guided by the philosophy that big doesn't always have to be good. They currently have 50 different yachts in their fleet.
In its 200 year history, Fincantieri Yachts has managed to accommodate 7,000 vessels. They stand out with their long 70 meter yachts. It can be said that they are also very successful in custom design. The company currently has 20 shipyards on four different continents.
Perini Navi, another Italian brand, not only produces motor and luxury yachts, but also operates in 5 different markets. Their portfolio includes award-winning sailing yachts. Perini Navi is a brand committed to innovation in the industry. To find something special are among their first options.
Another brand whose name is known to the world is Sunseeker Yachts, originating from England. They are known to regularly produce an average of 150 yachts per year. In manufacturing, they favor carbon fiber and fiberglass composite. We can say that this is the right brand for people who want luxury private and semi-private yachts.